You Can Make a Difference!
Left to Right: Jack White, Nick Sullo, Kris Paulsen, Larry Pakieser, Melanie Stachelski, Joe Schurwonn, Larry Thomas
Seated: Gretchen Koplin and Dianne Sullo
Our BMT volunteers are a vital resource for patients and their caregivers going through the transplant process. As someone who has gone through the transplant process, either as a patient or a caregiver, transplant volunteers provide reassurance, comfort and hope. Transplant patients and their caregivers benefit from volunteers' knowledge and past experiences, and the understanding of someone who has gone down a similar road in life. We are interested in having caring, supportive people who have gone through transplant as a patient or a caregiver join our BMT volunteer team to share in the journey of current transplant patients and caregivers.
If you are interested in becoming a BMT volunteer, please review the qualifications listed below. To apply, please fill out the Volunteer Application Form and Reference Check Form. Links to these documents can be found below.
To volunteer for the BMT program, you must:
- Have a personal experience with a BMT, either as a patient or a caregiver.
- Be at least 1 year out from your transplant if you are a transplant recipient.
- Provide a qualified reference from someone in the program where you or your loved one received a transplant (i.e., transplant social worker, psychologist, physician or advance practice provider).
- Be willing to provide a 6-month commitment to the volunteer program.
- Interview with a coordinator of the BMT Volunteer Program.
- Take a TB test (unless you have a written statement from your physician that you are not to receive a TB test for medical reasons).
- Have a background check.
Once our Volunteer Program coordinator receives your BMT Volunteer Application and Volunteer Reference Check form she will contact you. If you have questions about the BMT Volunteer Program, please contact Melissa Sommers at (720) 754-4558.
Thank you for making a difference!
Download the application and reference check: